Monday to Thursday 8am-5pm
Access eBooks for recreational reading through our Wheelers Website.
Login in using your Library Barcode and the password is on the Portal.
Our Global Audience
The OLMC Learning Commons is a learning and teaching centre that provides collaborative learning spaces and access to an extensive collection of fiction, non-fiction books, graphic novels, magazines, professional reading for staff, electronic resources including databases, web links and e-books all selected to support OLMC's curriculum while empowering students to be independent lifelong learners and readers.
The Learning Commons team: Ms Michele Roache, Ms Sara Mammone & Ms Belinda Ambrosini, strive to support students and teachers (both in and out of classes) to effectively access, evaluate, use and communicate information in order to develop research, information and digital literacy skills.
They can assist students and teachers with:
- collaborative planning (using UbD, 5 Es, Blooms, Visible Thinking Routines or other model), teaching and evaluating research units or student designed investigations
- providing information/advice on web tools/ICT for classroom or assessment task applications
- creating subject guides/pathfinders for research tasks or student designed investigations
- assisting students to break down the research process into manageable components - define, locate, select, organise, present and evaluate
- identifying and locating resources and providing research assistance for assessments from a range of information sources, including books, databases, reliable websites, Clickview
- finding books, both fiction and non-fiction, for pleasure and leisure
- referencing and creating bibliographies